Monday, June 21, 2010

We're Back!!

We finally have time to blog again. I decided to take a 3 week, double speed Chemistry class that has taken up ALL of my time so far this summer, so I haven't blogged in what feels like forever. The class was 5nights a week, 3 hours a night so as soon as I was finished my first priority was getting to know my daughter again who I feel like I spent no time with during those 3 weeks! I did end up getting a B which is good-although it did bring down my 3.65 GPA :(

Evelyn has grown so much in this short amount of time. She can basically identify anything and her vocabulary has definitely grown. She has started eating with utensils, is doing great on the potty, and is saying 3 word sentences such as, "I did it!", "Juice. You get it.", and "I see ya!". Last night I realized that on Father's Day last year I was nursing her, holding her in one arm. This year, she's hanging off both sides, drinking out of a cup, and walking around talking. time really does fly.

We have enjoyed our summer so far with picnics, a million trips to the park, pool, and Grandma Nancy's ginormous backyard. She has no fears at the pool! She loves to go under, and even stands in the kiddy pool bending over to put her face in the water! It's a riot! So we signed up for a mommy & me class which starts in July. We still have so much time to spend together this summer and I'm so grateful for that. We will hopefully be blogging regularly again. So look forward to seeing us!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back....congrats on finishing another class. Haven't seen you guys in a long time so we should set up a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Speed chemistry. Fun. I was hoping to set up a day for you guys to come hang out - especially with Paige around. She would LOVE to hang with Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete