Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beautiful Reminder

I am thankful to have such a wonderful, and very handy, family. My Uncle Jim spent the day putting wood flooring in my kitchen and it looks amazing! The end result is even better than the vision I had. I couldn't be happier with the job...unless they had painted my bedroom for me, too.

The day went smoothly-Uncle Jim and Gary got right to work while I put Evelyn down for a nap.


She slept through a nail gun, electric saw and laughter, waking just before the revealing and contently playing through the loud sounds of tools. She was a little curious, however.

But, every job needs a supervisor Uncle Jim says.


I couldn't help but tear up watching my Uncle work so cooly. From his glasses to his meticulous work, every second I watched reminded me of my Grandpa Eli who would have been so proud. He never left a job unfinished and obviously taught those morals to my Uncle who proceeded to shop vac the kitchen, living room carpet and breezeway before returning all of my furniture and appliances to their proper positions. I am so grateful for his love and hard work. I dearly miss my Grandpa Eli but it's the greatest feeling to know I have a reminder of the most generous, admirable man I've ever known. Thank you so much, Uncle Jim. Job well done!



Oh and sorry! But I have one more little thing I want to do in the kitchen before revealing the pictures. Sorry!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali Jo! Uncle Jim is truly a treasure, isn't he? I've been catching up on your blog this morning. Can't believe how grown up Ev is! Just adorable. You and Jared must be so proud! Hope everything is good with you. Can't wait to see the pictures of your finished kitchen. Let me know when you do another cousin get-together, will you? I'd love to join you with Lauren if possible. I took her to Mar and Jim's a week or so ago when all the kids were there. She was a little overwhelmed by all the "activity" and pretty clingy to me. That just means she needs to spend MORE time with them, right? Let's plan something soon. Hope to hear from you. I'm not sure if you know...I retired at the end of the year...so use my home e-mail: hubby1941@comcast.net. Love you!! L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes, successful testiment to my dad! And I was pretty sad not to see a finished product pic. Post SOON!

    ReplyDelete