Tuesday, November 3, 2009

On The Move

We're almost there-Evelyn is ALMOST crawling! She rocks on her hands and knees and has now realized how to lay on her belly and use her arms to pull herself forward. She also does this while sitting, similar to a dog. Her tiny little body looks so funny moving about.

As I've previously mentioned she can also pull herself into a standing position which she has attempted to do in her crib. So scary! We're lowering the mattress tonight! Her crib is right next to her bedroom window which she loves to look out of while whispering to the outdoors. I heard her stirring after an afternoon nap and walked in to find her on her belly pulling the crib bumper down to gaze out her window. Usually when I walk in after a nap I find two little smiling eyes peeking through the crib slats to greet me, like I did this morning.





She just kills me. She has such a personality.

Her new favorite toy is a rocking chair she received from her late great-grandmother, Ester Kern. Before she passed she wrote a list of things she wanted distributed to her grandchildren. Somehow she knew Jared would be giving her family their first grandchild and we inherited a beautiful, hand-carved child's rocking chair-Evelyn's new favorite toy. She uses her new dance moves to rock back in forth in the little chair and has already learned how to climb right out of it to use it as a support to stand. I'm telling you, this girl's gonna be a handful!








1 comment:

  1. I wondered where you were! Love the pictures and LOVE, LOVE the rocker. It's beautiful!! I hope the job is going well. It makes for a full day, doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete