Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sicky Icky

Maybe Evelyn wanting me all the time isn't as wonderful as I thought. Not being able to put your baby down doesn't leave you much time to get things done. This neediness is due to her wide variety of illnesses she has contracted this past week including pink eye in both eyes, a double ear infection, barking cough, runny nose, diarrhea which caused a yeast infection and a temperature. The pink eye is relatively gone (although I'm still washing laundry, hands and disinfecting our entire house 30 times a day) but we are still dealing with teething and the ear infection pain-not wanting to nap, spurts of crying and wanting mommy. I guess it's a little chaotic to me considering how wonderfully behaved she has always been. One good thing about these illnesses is she's wanting to nurse earlier in the night. Company or not she subtly hints by smashing her face into my chest, pulling my shirt collar down and blowing raspberries on my chest. It's not embarrassing at all!! But this earlier nurse lets us play a little, watch a quick half of The Wonder Pets and Evelyn now puts herself to sleep in crib with a paci, her lovey and her mobile. Hopefully this part keeps up, the aggressive nursing demands not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! Can't wait to see her when you're out next week!

    ReplyDelete