Tuesday, February 23, 2010

EVILyn

Do your kids ever wake up as someone else? Like a somewhat evil version of them self? Well today was one of those days! I talked about the whole Evelyn transitioning to a sippy cup and losing the bottle. She's had quite the little temper since.

This morning she refused breakfast by slapping it on the ground and followed me around all morning crying. Last night when I put her to bed she cried and screamed for quite some time so I went in and picked her up. The instant I touched her she stopped and smiled. She's obviously to the age where she knows how to get what she wants so after I washed the tears and boogers from her face I had to let her tough it out.

Tonight she was a whole different child! She gladly guzzled down her sippy of formula, watched 15minutes of The Wonder Pets and happily trotted to her room at bedtime. She popped in her paci and we rocked for about 15minutes while I read her the same book over and over and over and over. The book is about a bunch of stuffed animals getting ready for bed and ends with all of them in bed and it says "Night night." So after the last time we read it I snuggled her for a minute and placed her in bed saying "Night night." I walked out and she cried for about 5 seconds and that was that! Boom! She fell fast asleep.

I mean, last night and this morning she was some terrible monster child and now she's a happy, willing little angel. I think part of the problem last night was we just kind of drank the cup then laid her in bed. I think we definitely have a bedtime routine we are going to stick to!

1 comment:

  1. Yes - I agree with that one-on-one snuggle time before bed. I also think that you may want to get accustomed to those moods...they come with toddlerhood.

    ReplyDelete