Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stinker

Evelyn seems to be learning a new word everyday. Todays was quite interesting. Whenever I change a poopy diaper or read her book about animals and get to the skunk I say "Pee uuu!" while waving my hand in front of my nose as if something stinks. So this afternoon when I laid her on the changing table and opened her diaper I said, "Stinky." And she waved her hand in front her face and said "Pee uuu!". I couldn't believe how funny she looked. It's amazing how she associates words with what's going on without being taught. She's so smart. So, later on in the night we saw the Hefty garbage bag commercial where they say "Stinky! Stinky! Stinky!" and Evelyn repeatedly shouted, "Pee uuu!". My little stinker has some personality and it just keeps getting better.

1 comment:

  1. Even though you told me this story, I'm commenting to say that now you have to watch what you're saying (but not teaching her) because she'll "learn" all words now! :)

    ReplyDelete