Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cute....Not so Cute

A few cute things that happened today and one very not cute thing that also happened today....

Cute
1) Evelyn earned a time out bright and early this morning at 8am after throwing her banana on the floor and telling me it was all gone (which I believed until I saw the mess on the floor). She was told "time out!" and sent to the time out corner. I was surprised when she sat still with her head cowered down in shame for the e entire 60 seconds.

She's beginning to understand! She also earned herself a time out yesterday for going behind the couches after being warned the first THREE times!! She got stuck and got totally busted!


2) While visiting my mom this afternoon, Evelyn was walking by and slapped my foot that was hanging off of the couch. I asked her "where are my toes?" She grabbed one of my little piggies with a wide grin on her face. She then walked up to Grandma and grabber her toes exclaiming "toes!" About 15 minutes later, the cat was laying on my lap when Evelyn came up, pointed to it's little foot, and yelled "toes!" She's a clever one :)

3) About a month ago, I showed Evelyn how to sign "more". Ever since, that is always how she asks for "more" of anything. I swear, this kid doesn't forget a thing!

Not so cute...

Tonight after a delicious dinner of ham and left over beans from Uncle Jim's 60th birthday (YUM!), Evelyn hopped in the tub for a bath. While I was lotioning her up, she was jamming her fingers down her throat gagging herself, something she hasn't done in a LONG time. I repeatedly told her "No. Ucky." And she found this quite funny. When I stood her up to pull her pants up, she again gagged herself, projectile vomitting ham and beans EVERYWHERE! Again, landing herself in time out. Not so cute. And no pictures necessary!

1 comment:

  1. As Cole would say, "Eeeeeeew. Goss."
    I love that you kept her wedged between the couches while you grabbed the camera! :)

    ReplyDelete