Monday, February 21, 2011

Now That's What I Call A Weekend

Where should we start?

I finished this school week strongly getting 3 A's and 1 B on the four tests I took in 7 days. I was ready to celebrate! But my body had other plans... Jared and I ended up having a 24hour stomach virus.

If you remember my post from last week, I mentioned Evelyn's rising and falling fever that lasted all of last week causing her to miss daycare Monday-Wednesday. It was then followed by a barky, wet cough. She seemed fine through the weekend while Jared and I were ill until Saturday night when her cuddly/cranky mood came back.

She slept through the night fine but remained sluggish all day Sunday. I thought all was well until last night when our weekend sickness took a severe turn for the worse.

After hearing Evelyn whining I took her out of her crib she cried, "Bewwy. Hurts." before throwing up all over me. Since my hair and basically my entire torso were drenched in throw up, Evelyn and I took a quick shower. She was silly and giggling int he tub but began to whine again once we go out. Thankfully we were in the bathroom and she made it to the toilet. The remainder of our night was spent sleeping for an hour or two in various places that were clean. Getting cold wash cloths for Evelyn, glasses of Pedialyte, clean clothes, poopy diapers. I did several loads of laundry throughout the night because at one point we only had one pillowcase and one blanket clean-both of which Evelyn was using. She ended up getting sick 10 times throughout the night and finally slept from 2am-5am.

After a visit to the Doctor we were told Evelyn has a bacterial infection that our Doctor explained would cure itself in a day or two as long as she was well hydrated. After another dose of Pedialyte and almost a whole 6" Subway sub (by request) she is FINALLY sound asleep in a clean, warm bed. (In clean pajamas with a clean body which hasn't happened for 24hours!) I have one load of blankets left to fold and we are all clean and back to normal. In just enough time for me to get a quick nap, too. Thank goodness for no school today!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, rough weekend!! Glad to hear Evelyn and you guys are better! Love the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Don't you just want to drench your house in lysol? At least it's behind you! Hope you're all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete