Friday, August 28, 2009

Num Nums

Evelyn officially LOVES food! She totally gawks at anyone who is eating and so desperately wants to eat solid foods. Patience young grasshopper.

She has been eating cereal in the morning for a exactly one month now. First she was eating it strictly in the morning, then I added a little around lunch and a while after that, once at our dinnertime. She is now eating baby food for dinner instead of cereal and absolutely loves it. She's a great eater. She doesn't get antsy for the next bite and doesn't resist. She's perfectly in the middle. Swallows a bite, waits patiently and opens her mouth for the next spoonful. I've been blessed with an amazing, well-behaved baby. She has never been very needy and has easily adjusted to most things that have come her way. My little Evey Bug!

All this food is catching up with my little string bean-she has always worn one size smaller than her age and suddenly, in what seems like one day, wears 6-9months and is only 5months old. Everyone comments on her size saying she is so small. I believe most people feel she is small in size because their formula fed children are much larger. But that's just my opinion. All of our doctors say she is a very healthy baby and is the perfect size. Strong, too. She's pretty much held her head up since 2months and is increasingly stronger each day. I don't mean to boast, but I feel she's a little ahead of the game.


And since I just don't feel right posting a blog without a picture, here is Evelyn last weekend at Jared's cousins wedding reception with Jared's Aunt Carol.



And a few minutes later....

1 comment: