Monday, August 31, 2009

OMG

Oh. My. Goodness. Today was a hot mess. Remember when I said Evelyn went to bed early and would probably sleep late? That's what usually happens. But not last night. She woke up at 5am to eat. Fortunately I was planning on waking up at 5:30 to get ready for schoolso after feeding her I took a shower and she peacefully fell back to sleep.

On my break I called Caroline to see how she was doing. I usually get a great report, but not today-it was noon and guess what! Still no nap, just like yesterday. Evelyn was quite fussy all afternoon and apparently just wanted to be held. Uh-oh. She is so not going to be one of those babies!!! But she has been showing symptoms of teething lately and I know being needy and wanting to be comforted are other signs. Hopefully that's it, I can't have her turning on me when I'm so accustomed to having such a well behaved babe.

From the sounds of it, Evelyn and I were having a simliar afternoon-I was totally crabby. Even if I get enough sleep, waking up at 5am just kills me-I'm totally worn out by the end of the day. I was so glad when class was over. Today was not my day-I made a mistake in clinical and a bunch of people laughed at me (okay, it was kind of funny but I was cranky and kind of embarrassed), I spilled yogurt on my WHITE scrubs, then when I was finally ready to go home I made it halfway across town when I realized I had left my expressed milk in the fridge of the nursing home and had to turn around! On the car ride home I was looking forward to relaxing with my little Bug-afterall, she has been napping right when we get home from daycare.

After picking her up in Jareds car, which is not very carseat friendly, we got home to find ourselves locked out. I couldn't get Jared's key to work!! Once inside I saw that Jared had left the house trashed before leaving for work and Evelyn wasn't in the great mood I was hoping for. After hurriedly cleaning up, we decided to eat some green beans.

Now why did I have to go and say Evelyn is an in-the-middle eater last night? I jinxed myself. She now becomes agonizingly hungry between bites. The kids a pig-she ate almost half a container of green beans tonight and still wanted to nurse afterwards! I was eager to spend that time with her. It was so relaxing and comforting-exactly what I needed after today. When she was finished we settled down on the couch tummy to tummy, something I desperately miss, and were starting to fall asleep when my phone rang. Jared wrecked my car! Someone pulled out in front of him and they had a little fender bender.

Just when I thought my day was looking up the worst came. Fortunately, it's 9o'clock, Evelyn's been asleep since 7:30 and my homeworks done. I really need a good nights sleep after today. I hope tomorrow is much better!! And I totally hope Evelyn sleeps til 6!! That girls never gonna grow without sleep.

1 comment: