Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Miss Piggy

Another great morning took a turn for the worse! My car must have a bulls-eye on it because this morning on my way to school, it suffered through ANOTHER accident-as I came to the peak of a hill an older woman pulled out in front of me causing me to swerve around her straight into the guard rail. What a great start to the day! No tickets were issued and we went our seperate ways. The only problem is I never got her information! Duh! I've never been in an accident before and was kind of in shock. Fortunately, only the front bumper is scuffed and the front license plate is bent. Not much damage, but still frustrating.

After another terrible day of school I picked Evelyn up from day care. Finally, relief! She greeted me with a big ol' smile and we came home to relax. We had our afternoon nurse, played on the floor a little, spent some time in the exersaucer and decided to have some dinner. Here is a Evelyn patiently waiting for her din din.



And yes. She is sitting up all on her own....well, with a little help from the high chair, but impressive none the less.

Now with the stage1 vegetables, she usually only ate about a tablespoon. Last night I fed her apples and chicken (stage2) for the first time and she ate about 1/3 of the jar-I started with a tablespoon..then another...and then another! Tonight I warmed up another 1/3 of the jar and she ate it faster than the speed of light. I could barely get the bites to her mouth fast enough. And every time I tried scraping the excess off her chin she would follow the spoon, making it very difficult, but hilarious. She had alligator tears between every bite and before I knew it, I was warming up the last 1/3 and shoveling it into her very hungry mouth. After this she was still unsatisfied and I ended up feeding her about 1/3 of a jar of squash. What an oink! But she never spit up aferwards, and after a walk and a nighty night nurse she is sound asleep. Thank goodness! Mommy has a quiz in the morning.

Good pics from today :)

3 comments:

  1. Miss Ali, I just got caught up with your blogs. I love them and the pictures are SO cute! She is turning out to be a wonderful little eater, isn't she? I was so sorry to hear about your fender benders. Evey Bug wasn't with you when yours happened, was she? Too scary!! You and Jarod are such great parents. I couldn't be prouder of you!! Talk to you soon! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say tonight she gets a burger and fries. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete