Thursday, September 3, 2009

School, Jobs and Sweet Potatoes

I successfully made it through the day accident free! Yay! And no, Lavonne, Evelyn was not involved in either accident-she was in daycare already :) Thank God!!

Now I know this blog was meant for Evelyn, but since I don't talk to most of you everyday I feel the need to update on myself as well :)

I took my second Exam and I unfortunately scored an 86%B. My overall grade is still a 93%A but I really wanted to score all A's on my Exams. Oh well. I'm still doing good.
During school I recieved a phone call from my former employer, Sears Portrait Studio, offering me a position to take photos through the Christmas season. I explained that I am a new mother going to school and frankly, do not have time.. But I do miss my 75% picture discount! So I agreed to work Saturdays ONLY from 10am-2pm until I am through with school. Four hours is not so bad-I won't have to pump and Evelyn will probably be napping most of the time. And on top of that I will still be in the system as an employee and can get Evelyn's 6-month pictures dirt cheap. Plus, I really miss this job. It was terrible when I was pregnant, all the moving around and trying to get kids to sit still. But now that I am a mother I feel a greater confidence in getting the children to laugh and am finally able to move!

Moving on...Jared took Evelyn to daycare this morning where she would not take her eys off of Caroline long enough to say goodbye to him. She reported Evelyn took a morning nap for around and hour and an afternoon nap from noon-3pm. We're back on track and I couldn't be happier. She was very playful when we got home and enjoyed her exersaucer while I ate some quick dinner. We spent the rest of the evening with Jared's step-grandmother, Dorothy, who is such a joy to talk to. We discussed my schooling and she shared her experiences as a CNA. We also looked at my blog together-she is 78-years-old and knows how to e-mail and surf the internet. I was highly impressed. Here is a picture of our trip to her house..before Evelyn ate an entire jar of sweet potatoes and turkey. Piggy piggy. (Keep in mind it was taken on my phone and e-mailed to myself. Not the best quality.)

Impressively sitting in a booster on her own!
Are my posts too long? Lately they've been a little out of control. Tell the truth!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts could never be too long. I love reading all about Evelyn, Jarod AND you!!! Congrats on your GPA...keep up the good work! The Sears job will be a perfect opportunity for you to get some really good pictures at practically no cost! How cute will her Christmas pictures be??!! Evelyn seems to have grown twice her size overnight! Isn't it fun when they are such good eaters? Sorry I'll miss you today when you come in to visit Grandma. I'm working until 3:30. You guys have a wonderful weekend and we'll talk soon. Love you!!! Auntie Bon

    ReplyDelete