Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bath Time=Bed Time

Ok, so Evelyn was a completely different baby last night. After napping for a total of 5hours yesterday, her eyes became heavy around 6pm. After a short walk around the neighborhood and a long, splashfilled bath, we settled in on the couch for a quiet nurse. Sometimes at night I nurse her in the living room with the tv on but tonight we made the house completely silent. At 7:15 she was finished eating, suckling like a pacifier-I knew she was out for good. I popped her paci in her mouth, rocked for a minute and layed her in her crib. She rolled over on her side, grabbed her lovey and was asleep by 7:30. Phew! I have a test this morning and really needed the study time and 8hours of sleep I got.

So this morning at 5am she woke up for a diaper change and her breakfast. I nursed her in bed for about 20minutes where she fell asleep. I placed her back in her crib and slept for another 45minutes-she is STILL in bed (at 7:35) and I plan on waking her when we leave at 8.

I hope she keeps up with this behavior because I can't handle another night like my last post. I really think the bath before bed is a great idea. It really seemed to relax her. My mom claims that was the key to putting Rachel and me to sleep. I'm glad I found a cure!

Oh, and Evelyn learned to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment