Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh, No!

What a weekend!! We were off early Friday morning for a trip to my school, the mall, then a shopping trip in Naperville for my girlfriend Chelsea and I while Evelyn stayed at Papa Ike's for some swinging, trampoline jumping, and tons more fun!

Saturday was spent cleaning the house bright and early and 4 long hours in the A&P lab, followed by a hysterically fun dinner with Gary's parents, my step brothers, and my Mom and Gare. During dinner, Evelyn expressed no desire for the delicious lasagna, not even for cake! When changing her pajamas I noticed she was very warm, and after taking her temp realized it was 100.3! She fell asleep in the car and slept til about midnight when she woke up screaming and came into bed with us. She woke up several times in the night crying, sweating, and vomiting. We went through three sets of sheets, 2 comforters, and 1 outfit for Mommy (uck!). She would wake up crying with a fever (102.3 was the highest!), vomit, then cry herself back to sleep. She has never thrown up before and it was very traumatic. After every time she would cry, "I Saw-wee, I saw-wee! Oh, no! Mess!" It was the most pathetic thing I had ever seen and I've never felt more terrible for someone. After tons of cuddling and lots of Pedialyte she finally got two hours of sleep.

This morning she woke up feeling giddy but would revert into crying fits here and there. After a tipid bath to break her fever, her and Daddy slept most of the day away she finally had a good helping of chicken and "fwies" (by request). We finished the night by watching Finding Nemo for the first time (we are all huge fans) and a long rock before bed. I'm happy to report she is fast asleep and staying home from daycare tomorrow to sleep in with Yaya. Hopefully we're back to normal! If not, we're definitely enjoying the extra cuddle time :)

2 comments:

  1. Apologizing for puking. Paige used to do it and it broke my heart! Hope she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley had a fever last week-missed 2 days of school. Renee got it while they were in Florida this weekend.....fever & vomiting (only once though!). Poor Sarah spent all day Sunday in the hotel room!

    ReplyDelete