Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bieber Fever

The greatest day ever! I burnt 734 calories at the Y, had a great day at school, aced a Math quiz and spent the evening quietly playing with my love. After a beef stew dinner date for 2 (Daddy was catching up on some sleep) Ehhnin and I enjoyed a splash-filled, finger-painting bath and snuggled up to watch Nemo before our bedtime routine.

We still rock before bed time and this is a moment I cherish. But tonight Evelyn had other plans. She started by asking me what foods I like...

Evelyn: Strawburries?
Mommy: Yep.
Evelyn: Me, too. Otdogs?
Mommy: Yep.
Evelyn: Me, too. Nanas?

...and you get the picture. After remaining quiet for what seemed like years I'm sure, she began singing under her breath, "Rooooock, baby, tops. Wiiiind, bwows, rock. Craaaaadle, fall. Doooown, baby, all." But here's where it became a hysterical duo of laughter...after another bout of silence I heard a whisper of, "Babe-uh, babe-uh, babe-uh oooooh. Babe-uh, babe-uh, babe-uh oooooh!" That's right, my 22-month-old was singing Justin Bieber!

2 comments:

  1. It's a perfect song for the new talker! Cole still belts it out, but has moved onto Taio Cruz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't listen to Justin Bieber, so when my 3 year old was walking around singing that song one day, you could guess I was surprised! A few days later when I went to pick him up from daycare, I heard the daycare director singing it! That must be where he got it from. But it is still so funny... Liam usually leads with a little Gitchee Gitchee Goo from Phineas and Ferb that turns into Baby, baby, baby.... Kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete