Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Big Girl

Apparently Evelyn snapped her fingers and decided to be a big girl overnight. This morning she went #1 & #2 in the big girl potty and was THRILLED to get 2 extra stickers for it. I had quick thoughts of no more poopy diaper changes and felt as if I had won the lottery! Better than that even!

After dinner, I asked her to open the cabinet our TV sits on. I was expecting her to look at me saying, "Huh?" but she gently tugged on each knob until she found the right one.

Then when we were playing before bed, she put Buzz Light Year in her school bus and said, "See ya Wednesday, Buzz". Plain as day! She has been rattling off some good 3-4 word sentences these days. While it is great to communicate with her to know her needs (and wants!) it is bittersweet. I'm realizing how big she really is getting and it kills me. I feel like every time I rock her it will be my last. She's growing up too fast.

Here is proof-we're playing our favorite game, telephone...

1 comment: