Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day Back :(

So today was the big day! The first day of fall semester. I started the morning bright and early at 6am for a cool, morning jog. After showering, doing the dishes, and straightening up the house, I woke up baby butt and we got to hang for a good half hour. After cleanin' her up and getting her dressed it was unfortunately time to go to Shelly's. Shelly is our neighbor across the street and a very dear friend who has taken Evelyn under her wing in her daycare. I asked, "Do you want to go to Shelly's?" Upon hearing her name Evelyn squealed in delight. She then drug her diaper bag and lunch box from the kitchen chair to the front door where she proceeded to knock on the door yelling, "Sheddy! Sheddy!" for a good ten minutes. Once we arrived she ran right in hugging Shelly, jumped on a bike, and refused to pay any attention to me, let alone give me a goodbye smooch. Well.....I'm glad that was easy for her! Because I was a mess on my way to school. I just miss her so much! Thankfully I'm so busy at school I don't have much time to wallow in my self despair.

After school I could not WAIT to see my baby girl! I rushed home, bursting through Shelly's front door, similarly to Kramer from Seinfeld. When I finally spotted my sweetie pie I could not believe what I saw. She turned around and ran to hug Shelly. I gotta admit I was a little jealous. Here I am crying and feeling guilty that she's at daycare and she doesn't even want to come home. I'm glad she has such a great time. It really makes my decision to go to school easier. One day she will understand that I had to spend this time away from her to better all of our lives. But for now, she could apparently care less!

2 comments:

  1. That is SO much easier than having a crying baby hanging on to your legs as you walk out!! Good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! LOVE! This is a great story! And I know how tough that is - but the flipside is SO tougher! Good for your social butterfly!

    ReplyDelete