Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Proud to Be the One Liner Queen

So far, the school year is going great! Evelyn loves her new daycare and we've got our morning routine down. This semester I am leaving two hours earlier than last and I was dreading losing those few hours with her. So, I've been waking up a half hour early to be dressed and ready by the time she wakes up. I'm loving this time in the morning! I wouldn't miss it for the world. Because I'm going to school earlier, she is waking up from her nap as I get home and we have a good 4 1/2 hours before bed.

When I picked her up today, we took a 2mile walk and stopped at a nearby park on the way home. I can't believe how much Evelyn has grown this summer! She was going down slides she never tried before, could climb up the purple tube onto the higher level, and even attempted the bridge NO handed! It was a blast to watch and she was definitely proud!

Later in the night, she was taking a bath and again made herself proud. She was playing with a toy when suddenly she began to repeatedly say, "Ready. Set. Goooo!" I don't ever remember saying that in front of her. It's SO funny the little things they pick up on. She has been coming up with some pretty good one liners lately!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! I'm so glad your back-to-the-grind is going well!

    ReplyDelete