Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Lovin

Sadly, our summer is over! Momma starts school bright and early at 8am tomorrow morning! We have done so many fun things this summer. I know Evelyn has had the time of her short little life, but I'm still not ready to let her go. These past 2 1/2months I've spent with her were great and I know I'm going to have a hard time my first day back to school.

In preparation we have all the laundry done, a very clean house, and my bookbag packed. Evelyn is excited to spend the days with Dom, our neighbor boy across the street where she is starting daycare tomorrow. We spent our last summer night playing outside with the neighbors. Dom and Evelyn went on an house long Mustang ride that was absolutely adorable and the weather was perfect!




I'm going to miss these summer nights :(

After the Mustang ride, Evelyn and I laid in bed together, something we normally do not do. I just wanted to soak up my last few moments with her. We were laying there, trying to sleep as Evelyn was poking me for signs of life saying, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." Suddenly, she rolled over, put her arm around my neck for a hug and said, "Mommy. You." You=I Love you in Evelyn language. It was one of the greatest moments of my life. Love my sweet little gal :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Welling up at that one! So cute! And I'm thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete