Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wisconsin Vacation 2010

We're finally back from vacation! 5 days was starting to feel like forever when you're sleeping on a flat, fold out mattress and never really feel clean from the river. But we had the time of our lives! Evelyn LOVED the boat and river and we all had a great time. Our days mostly consisted of breakfast, a ride on the boat, lunch, nap, spending the evening out on the boat swimming/fishing, dinner, and more relaxing. One evening was spent driving around looking at the beautiful homes on the lake. These people are lucky!
Saturday night Jared and I went to the local bar while Evelyn and "Pa", as she calls him, stayed in for some snuggling. At first, we weren't having too much fun in this bar full of over dressed, over make-uped cougars, but once karaoke began everyone was having fun! Imagine a bar full of 30 people all screaming Bon Jovi as a mildly challenged man in a goofy hat sang on the mic. It was just so much fun!!!
Sunday, the guys fished while Evelyn and I headed into town for some sightseeing and lunch.
Unfortunately, once arriving home, we had to make a trip to the ER. Evelyn has a double ear infection and rash from the lake. :( Poor kid.
Overall, I think Evelyn loved the boat and the beach and probably would have stayed forever. We all had so much fun! But let me tell ya, it is nice to be at home sleeping in my own blankets with a clean shower and my own couch. There's no place like home!




2 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds so fun! I hope Evelyn is feeling better. I loved getting the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful spot! The boat looks awesome! Sounds like you all had a great time. I love the pic of Evelyn from behind on the boat.

    ReplyDelete