Monday, June 15, 2009

Naps, Hands & Angry Grunts

So Evelyn has never been much of a napper but today I decided it must become a mandatory part of our daily routine. I figured after a few hours of morning play I could nurse her and lay her down-nursing is the ultimate sleep aide in this house. Wrong-o! She fought staying awake after her diaper was changed so I'd nurse her some more but she'd jump when I got up to put her in her crib, and so on. My next idea was to just let her fall sleep with me tummy to tummy-her favorite. After putting up a fight and a little crying, she was so exhausted she just passed right out. Everytime I tried laying her on her back she would start waking up, so this is how she ended up.




And I know they're not supposed to be on their tummy, but I was right there the whole time.

Now as I mentioned, Evelyn is becoming more aware that she has control of her hands. So today on our walk she started up a game of peek-a-boo. (Because she's not completely familiar with the rules of the game, there was no speaking.)



I also previously mentioned Evelyn's new skill of playing on her own. So when she was under her play gym tonight and I announced that I had to run to the grocery store, Jared told me to bring her in the bedroom where he was napping. Leaning down to pick her up I wondered if she wanted to stay there or get up-she looked like she was really enjoying herself. My question was answered when we were walking to the bedroom and she let out a loud, "AaaaahhHHGGG!" And it really sounded angry!

She's learning so much so quickly and it really amazes me. She is showing signs of new emotions and new skills sooner than I had imagined. Ahh, the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment