Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Play On

Normally when I do things around the house I put Evelyn in her swing or just prop her up on her Boppy to look around. Until yesterday when I realized, Hey! I have an age appropriate toy that I haven't broken out yet-her pink flower play gym from cousin Karen. After setting it up and turning the music on I positioned Evelyn arms length from a few of the hanging toys with her face near the mirror so she could catch a glimpse of herself. I also unhooked the dangling rattle and hung it on her arm so she could hear it while she played. To my surprise she was more than delighted by this foreign contraption. She spent an hour and a half amusing herself while I got some much needed cleaning done. She is teaching herself how to play!


And not just with her gym. Several times during feedings this afternoon she would release her latch to give me a wide eyed smile. Smiling back only resulted in further smiles which led to cooing and flailing. Needless to say, I spent most of the day trying to get this happy little bundle of joy to eat a full meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment