Monday, November 8, 2010

Bad News :(

A great morning was turned into a horrible evening tonight.

After waking up at 6am, Evelyn and I did some laundry, I finished a little homework, we danced, and ate eggies and pancakes n even made a trip to the store!! I love my Monday mornings where I get a few more hours to spend with her.

But it all went downhill after a follow up appointment for Evelyn's cough. She was prescribed two medications-1 for the cough and 1 for the ear infection our Dr noticed in her right ear. And after this, we discussed the fact that Evelyn's left eye has been watery/boogery since birth. We've done massaging, eye drops, nasal sprays, etc and nothing has seemed to work. So today our Dr referred us to an eye surgeon and we have a pre-op appointment this Friday. Evelyn will have to be given anesthesia and put under the knife. It will be a short, out-patient surgery but what mother wouldn't be worried! I'm just so nervous they will OD her or she will be the one out of a million they mess up on. It's so nerve racking. I will definitely have to take a muscle relaxer before this appointment or I will be out of control. Jared will not be going with us because we can't afford for him to take the day off but I will have 2 very close girlfriends going with me. Please keep us in your prayers. I unfortunately inherited Grandma Jo's nerves so I will defiantly not be sleeping til it's over!!

On the up side, tonight I taught Evelyn to drive her cars up and down my back and legs. And I mean, she really hit the right spots! It felt great. Hey, I'm a mom. This is as close to the spa as I'll probably ever come! Don't judge me haha :)

2 comments:

  1. Car driving on back - I JUST discovered this and Cole does it great! And Alli, she will do awesome, I'm sure! Let me know when it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know where to go when I need a massage! When will her surgery be?? Keep me posted and it's very routine.....she'll do great. How nice it will be to get her eye cleared up!!

    ReplyDelete