Sunday, November 21, 2010

Suh-salts

Evelyn's imagination and personality never cease to amaze me and at this age of 19 months she can only be described as a downright good time!

Tonight before bed the three of us were playing in the living room when Evelyn did a somersault. She then declared it was my turn, then Jared's, then hers, then mine, etc. So we created a waiting line and took turns watching each other do somersaults and applauding each others victory. When Jared and I were finally somersaulted out, Evelyn began recruiting new playmates. It went something like this.....

"Doh-uh. Suh-salt. Yayyy!" (her Dora doll)
"O-bot. Suh-salt. Yayyy!" (a snow globe that apparently resembles a robot)
"Monica. Suh-salt. Yayyy!" (her harmonica)

I could barely contain the hysterical laughter! If you were there I guarantee you would have felt the same.

A few months ago I would have rather run to the store or do errands and miscellaneous shopping trips on my own, but these days the more the merrier. Evelyn is great at walking alongside me, helping point stuff out (you wouldn't believe the eye on this kid!), and is so enthusiastic about helping and being a member of the clan. And as I stated earlier, she is seriously a blast to hang out with! I'm loving this stage and would be completely happy to stay like this forever :)

In other news, since Jared's obsessive sweating has finally ruined my gorgeous, white down comforter, we decided to get ourselves an early Christmas present and buy new bedding and a new wall hanging with our 30% off Kohls coupon and $40 in Kohls cash. After 4 hours, 2 returns, and several incompetent, frustrating employees, we finally scored this beautiful, modern bedspread and picture.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that color to death! And I TOTALLY remember that age being one of my faves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice update on the bedroom! Will you and Jared perform your suh-salts on Thanksgiving?? I promise we'll cheer :)

    ReplyDelete