Monday, November 1, 2010

The Overachieving Blues

Besides a small nervous breakdown on my part, today was a good day!!

After waking up every half hour throughout the night, Evelyn slept in until 9am this morning. When she woke her 102 degree fever from the previous night had gone down to 100. Due to her high fever, she was unable to attend daycare and spent the morning with Yaya. It was hard leaving her this morning but duty calls!!

First thing this morning I got the results of my second Lecture test. A big, fat F! I have NEVER gotten an F in my life! So needless to say, my A just went down to a low C. On top of that, I took my third Lab Practical this morning and I'm pretty sure I got a C. The Lab grade I blame on myself. I've had a little too much fun these past few weeks with Evelyn and didn't dedicate enough time to studying the Lab. As for the Lecture test, I knew I was going to bomb it. I've talked to tutors, peers, my teachers, and for some reason I just did not get it...AT ALL!! Fortunately, I talked to a good friend who just received her RN and she assured me she has never been asked the function of a motor neuron junction since she received her RN. Phew!

In preparation for our new, upcoming Lecture chapter, I have dedicated my evening to reading ahead, checking out some pictures, and browsing over the power point notes. After getting down on myself this morning I've decided to keep my head up and go full steam ahead trying to still earn my A. Hopefully it works out!! I know I've got a lot on my plate- a full-time course load, a full time parenting job, and an OCD cleaning problem!! I know it's a lot, but I still want to get my A's and I know I have the smarts, the strength, and the will power to do it. If not, C's get degrees! Haha.

After returning home from school, I was greeted by a gigantic hug from Evelyn! After she told me about her day with Yaya we had a snack and played house. Because she didn't eat all day, she got to pick out dinner-"roni" (mac n cheese) and left over ham. After an extra bubbly bath Ev picked out a movie (Finding Nemo, of course!) and willingly headed to bed. No temp and no fight at bedtime is a very sweet ending. Now it's time to hit the books before bed!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog background! And kudos to diving right back in WITHIN the same day. Sip on a glass of wine as you study. It won't seem like "work" as much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new background & pic of Evelyn! She looks SO old. You know you're an 'A' student and you'll be back on track in no time!! You're doing great and we're proud of ya!!

    ReplyDelete