Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Icky

After Evelyn having a fever/diarrhea Sunday and Monday, Jared and I both woke up feeling icky yesterday. After school, Evelyn's daycare kept her two extra hours so Mommy could take a much needed nap. Thankfully, yesterday was also Jared's Grandpa's 94th Birthday Celebration! I decided to stay home and take advantage of a few hours alone while Jared and Ev enjoyed the festivities with family. I ended up taking another short nap while they were gone and was glad to see they returned home with chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes for me :) After taking an Airborne pill*, I ended up sleeping for 20hours and not attending school this morning. I did contact my teachers to assure this was ok and they were more than happy to let me rest. And I was more than happy to hear from my A&P teacher that I still have an 82, a low B. Which can definitely be brought back up to an A. After resting all day (Evelyn did attend daycare), I am feeling 100% and am prepared to do tons of studying tonight.

As for Evelyn, she is clearly feeling 100% as well. She proved this by walking the entire 3 blocks to Jared's mom's office this afternoon. There, she proceeded to color tons of pictures and even took a few calls for the office! After a yummy dinner of pork chops, white rice, and broccoli/cauliflower/and carrots in cheese sauce, she enjoyed a very splashy bath. While in the bath, she layed on her stomach and swam, saying, "Swimmin. Fwoggie." Where does she learn these things? I don't ever recall seeing a swimming frog on any shows or anything with her. She just must be a natural genius!!

**If you haven't hear of Airborne pills, they're a new over the counter cold remedy. You fill a glass with 6oz of water, drop the Airborne in, and it dissolves similar to Alka Seltzer. I've used them once already this year when feeling a flu coming on and I swear by them. They totally help!! You should check them out. They're about $8 at CVS. Probably cheaper somewhere else, CVS is a rip!!! But it's worth it. They'll last.

1 comment: