Friday, November 5, 2010

Stick-uhhs

What a morning!!

We got a recorded call from our Dr's office at the beginning of the week that said, "Friday." And hung up. So I assumed Evelyn had a wellness check up at our regular scheduled time, Friday at 10am. We ALWAYS schedule at 10am. So on our way, I called and asked what time our appointment was. They said, "Your appointment was at 9:15, you'll have to reschedule." I explained that my daughter was scheduled for a wellness check but has developed a barking cough. They said they were booked. Nice. So we turned around, and 15minutes later received a call that they would see us. So we again turned around (annoying!).

After waiting for 45minutes, we were seen by the Doctor. Evelyn is still weighing 24pounds and is still very advanced our Dr explained. Then it was time. We stripped her down and she was enjoying her naked freedom when the Nurse walked in. Duhn duhn duhn!!! I barely held her arms down and pow pow! Two shots. Evelyn screamed and began to cry until I held up 2 Dora band-aides to which she replied, "Ooh! Stick-uhhs!" with a giant smile. And that was it! She happily got dressed and trotted out to the waiting room to show Yaya her cool stickuhhs.

Our Dr informed us to begin using our nebulizer and humidifier again and if the coughing continued, to call them on Monday. On the way home I was wondering, "how am I going to pull of the neb treatments!?" Tonight I demonstrated how COOL! the nebulizer was and Evelyn wanted to try. After a few minutes she was disinterested. Then suddenly I got an idea!

That's right! A Dum Dum sucker stuck in the side of the nebulizer. Pretty clever if you ask me!

1 comment:

  1. Clever for sure! Our trick is just a really good show on really loudly to drowned out the neb noise.

    ReplyDelete