Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Santa

The past few days I've been noticing how in tune Evelyn is with her environment. The other night she was in bed and I walked past her room and sneezed. I was startled when she then yelled, "Mommy!" She recognizes my sneeze, Jared's cough, etc.

Then this morning Evelyn was dragging out all of the DVD cases (Fun!!). She of course brought the Finding Nemo case to me and began pointing out the characters. First, she recognized Dori, then Gill, and finally she found Nemo at the bottom of the page. I spotted Nemo's father, Marlin, and decided to ask and see if she recognizes the difference between Nemo and his father. She immediately answered, "Nemo Daddy". I was pretty impressed considering they're practically identical (minus Nemo's lucky fin).

**

I also wanted to share a story from over the weekend.

Saturday we visited a store where Santa was making an appearance. Evelyn's bottom lip immediately began quivering at the first sight of him. She was saying, "Gah-wee" (Scary). I asked her if she wanted to sit on his lap and she of course said no. So I thought I'd demonstrate by sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what I want for Christmas. This seemed to help a little bit but after he presented her with a candy cane everything went smoothly. She told him her name, Ehh-nin, and what she wanted for Christmas, candy, and how old she is, 2. She even gave him a hug on our way out. Overall, I think she did great! Definitely an improvement from her last run in with Kris Kringle....


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! You better correct her age with santa or she won't be getting age-appropriate toys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture of her crying is a classic! You should see one I have of Karen and the Easter bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete