Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweet Memories

Evelyn had a hard time going to bed tonight. After about 10minutes in her crib I heard desperate cries of, "Oh no! Aww mann!" I decided to investigate. When walking in I realized Evelyn had somehow (by accident I'm sure) dropped her paci outside of her crib. She was a little worked up and over tired so I decided to take her out for a snuggle. As we laid in bed together, curled up under a fleece blanket, her nose nuzzled into my neck, I rubbed her back and stroked her curly, clean hair that smelled of Johson's baby shampoo. My mouth was resting on her soft little cheek as her plasticy pacifier breath blew in my face. And to top it off, she had her little arm wrapped tightly around my neck, stroking my back to comfort me, too. These are the moments, smells and feelings I will never forget. I could cuddle like this forever!

***

I had to share this! Tonight Yaya asked Evelyn to count and she counted alright....to SEVEN!!! And she's only 19months!

1 comment:

  1. I love those moments as well! They make all the bad/crazy days fade away within seconds.

    Brea Brea is counting up to 8 w/o any help and the other day with a little help she counted to 12! I KNOW Blaine wasn't doing that a this young of an age. She is also doing really well with her A B C's which is thanks to her Big Brother. I'll hear Blaine singing them in the Toy Room and by letter C Brea is chiming in... So Cute!

    ReplyDelete