Saturday, October 17, 2009

Evelyn The Entertainer

Hooray! My cold is gone! I went to bed early at 9pm with some VapoRub and cough drops, Jared woke me up at 6am to nurse Evelyn and I slept in again til 9. I felt a little sore this morning but regained my strength by the afternoon.

We met Jared's step-sister, Jamie, for lunch at her grandparents where Evelyn was the main attraction. We all sat around watching her play. Isn't it funny how entertaining a baby can be? We set one of her toys just outside her reach and she would semi-crawl to get it. She's definitely getting the hang of it. I'm dying to see her first crawl but I have a feeling it will be bittersweet-she's already a handful! It is officially impossible to change her diaper and dress her. She's constantly rolling away. But how could you get mad at a cute little monkey like her?

She also is learning how to wave goodbye-we demonstrate while she tries to copy. Sometimes she gets the right hand working, other times she's watching one hand but the other is moving. None the less, she is completely aware of what she is doing. At first we thought her motions were a coincidence but I'm positive she is learning to wave. When you first wave to her she stops whatever she's doing to concentrate on her motions. So smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment