Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Splish Splash

Evelyn sat in a high chair for the first time tonight! It was so exciting. She giggled and rocked the whole time we ate. It's great that she can feed herself those O's now, it's nice to keep her occupied at the table while I eat my dinner. She fed herself some O's and ate some babyfood between my bites. It was nice.

She has also grown accustomed to the safe feeder. After some advice from my Aunt Levonne and cousin Sarah I found a way to make the feeder more appealing to Evelyn-packing it to keep it's shape and wetting the net before feeding. It is now the highlight of her meals. Last night there was cantalope juice all over her face, clothes and high chair and her hair was hard and sticking to her scalp. She had a blast and was ready for a bath.

She loooves her bath now. She has finally grasped the concept of splashing and has so much fun in the tub. She splishes and splashes and does this new fake giggle. It's so funny. She may have just realized how to laugh but she tries so hard it sounds totally fake. Still funny though. She is so much fun! I LOVE this stage she is in.

She has so much fun playing, smiles and laughs at us-Jareds fave, is eating more solid foods with us at mealtime and is on a pretty predictable schedule. She went to bed right on time again tonight leaving time for mommy to pump a little and give herself a pedicure in her new Espresso Brown fall nailpolish. And FYI, I swear by the PedEgg. Genius!

1 comment:

  1. Splashing.... ughhh. Yes it's cute at times... but not when you are all ready for work at 5:30AM and your little peanut soaks you in the bathing process! This morning I tossed both kid's in the bath while I finished getting ready for work. They were playing and splashing away as I did my hair and make-up. Of course Brealy gets a little more out of control than Blaino... b/c Blaine KNOWS how I feel about water on the bathroom floor. Brealy on the other hand could care less what I think or say.. ha! Anyways I started cleaning them up and both of them started having a splashing contest...... not only did my clothing get soaked... but my hair is now in a pony for the rest of the day… GRRRR! Of course I couldn't get too mad... b/c they were having so much fun... but I really could have gone w/o a second bath this morning. Oh little stinkers… gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete