Thursday, October 1, 2009

Forever Young

I got an A on my Exam giving me an overall A in my CNA course. Yay!

Tonight during bathtime I noticed Evelyn slow down in the middle of her splashing and just sit for a minute. Thinking nothing of it I let her play a little more and was ready to wash her up. Dipping the washcloth in the water I noticed a spot on her arm. I went to pick it off thinking it must be some kind of lawn clipping from Gary showering before her but when I touched it, it smeared. Around the same time I noticed a foul odor coming from the water. After a little deep sea diving the water began to cloud and I finally found the culprit-a little baby turd! Ewwww. I scooped Evey outta her tub, wrapped her in a towel and had to call in the reinfocements (Gary) to contain her while I cleaned up the mess-I didn't want her sitting on the bathroom floor with a draft from the heat vent or tipping over onto the tile floor. After a little scrubbing and a refill of the baby bath we finally finished bathing and were ready for our ni-ni nurse.

We began the bedtime process with our usual side-lying nurse in my bed when I realized from Evelyn's flailing limbs that she wasn't going down without a fight. Not tonight. I took her to her room to rock her and nurse a little more but she was still too fidgety. We again layed down on the bed and began a little more nursing. She started rolling about and I let her go freely to wind herself down. She ended up on her side at a 90 degree angle to me with our heads together and I gently began rubbing her back in a figure 8 from her shoulders to her little diaper butt while singing a little lullabye. She instantly relaxed and let her body go limp. At about the 37th round of Rock-A-Bye Baby I decided to end the singing but remain rubbing her back. Her head instantly shot up. I resumed the singing and it dropped back down to the mattress. Too freakin cute! After a few more attempts of ending the singing I got the same result and then she finally fell asleep. Laying there singing and rubbing her back was such a peaceful moment. I will never forget how angelic she looked suckling her paci, her arms crossed in front of her and her big diapered butt. I am thorougly enjoying this stage. If they could only stay young...

3 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! The other night I was patting Cole's back when he was sick and when I stopped, he started patting mine! :) I LOVE when they show they enjoy something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a pretty gross bath time LOL I miss you both soo much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Ali. You are too cute! I just love how much you're enjoying that little girl. I know I value every moment I spend with Lauren too! SOOOO cute. Congrats on your CNA course! You go girl!!! Love you...see you soon?

    ReplyDelete