Friday, October 2, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

After about 2hours of Rock-A-Bye Baby I wish I could just record my voice to play for Evelyn at night. Is anybody with me? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy putting her to sleep and singing to her. But sometimes it's just like, man! Go to sleep! I know you're tired little babe. That's what I was thinking this afternoon as Evelyn refused her afternoon nap. Skipping this nap led to an unfortunate evening for my friend, Chelsea.

Tonight was my brother Garretts Homecoming football game I promised to attend. The weather was terrible and I was kind of tired but really wanted to go. My friend, Chelsea, agreed to babysit from 4pm til around 9. Evelyn was fussy here and there but was fast asleep when we returned home at quarter after 8. She said she enjoyed the baby but I still feel bad she was fussy. It's just because she missed the nap. Chelsea explained that's what friends are for :)

The Amboy Clippers went into the game with a 5-0 record. The weather was terrible and the team went into the game with a negative attitude. As we sat in the cold, windy rain in our earmuffs, wool socks, turtle necks, sweatshirts, scarfts, winter jackets, hats and rain ponchos, we realized they were giving up in only the 2nd quarter. They weren't playing as a team. Unfortunately, in the 3rd quarter my baby bro was injured and was sent to the hospital. He has a contusion to the bone and a sprained elbow and will be unable to attend PE or football for one week. At least nothing was broken. Poor baby bro.

2 comments:

  1. FREAKY! I hate when I see ambulances at Football games! I hope he's okay. And it's always easier to take care of a fussy baby when you know it's not yours and you'll get to go home at the end of the night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that wonderful comment. I know I know working is the best answer... but sometimes I wish I could have the best of both worlds. I'm hoping to go down to part-time this summer... so hopefully that will be all I need to feel better about stuff. Thanks again!

    Also, I hear ya on the whole nap thing. Brealy has really been fighting her morning and afternoon naps lately... and I'm about at my wits end with all of it. I hope it's just a phase... b/c this little girl NEEDS a nap!

    FYI - I changed my URL name due to some privacy issues. If you want to cont. following my blog... here is the new one.

    www.thekrahnsarestillgrowing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete