Friday, October 16, 2009

Man, Do Guys Have It Easy

I hope I don't get terribly sick. Today I awoke again with a sore throat and a lazy feeling...which may have worked to my benefit this evening. After breakfast with Jared's family this morning and a million dollar grocery trip we returned home to cook dinner and begin our nighttime routine. Because of my ill condition Jared cooked dinner, did the dishes and completed Evelyn's bedtime routine while I sat on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket watching TV. Man do guys have it easy.

After dinner Jared was in charge of cleaning off the table and high chair, cleaning the kitchen, retrieving the laundry from the dryer, giving Evelyn a bath and cleaning up the living room. After her bath I noticed him become a little frustrated with Evelyn who was squirming right out of her pajamas-every time he would get one of her limbs in her pajamas, another would pop right back out. During this he asked me to put another load of laundry in and I simply explained it was just too cold in the breezeway for my cold symptoms-a similar excuse I would receive from him if asked. I think he felt a little overwhelmed. Hopefully this experience will help him to understand the toll that housework and going to school and/or working has on a nursing mother and teach him to appreciate my efforts. Although, unfortunately, I doubt this will happen. Men!

I'm happy to report Jared is off with some friends and I am once again lathering on the Vicks vaporub and hitting the sack early. Good riddance you nasty old cold!

PS I'm not upset with Jared although it does sound this way in my blog. I just wish he showed a great appreciation for my cleanliness and organization. The dream of all housewives.

No comments:

Post a Comment