Friday, October 23, 2009

Whine Flu

Today Evelyn awoke at 5am to nurse then fell back asleep (in bed with me) til 8am. I couldn't have been happier to sleep in!! I really needed it.

After breakfast I noticed she felt very warm so following the changing of her second poopy diaper of the morning I took her temperature-100.7. I was scared!! I quickly called my mom who was unavailable due to my Aunt Bud's funeral. I continued down the list and called my cousin Sarah. She explained it was nothing to be alarmed about just make sure she has enough wet diapers and is drinking enough. She ate regularly all day, drank a bottle of juice and didn't act sick-besides whining all day. Around 11am she had a bm for the fourth time and continued with the whining. After a 3hour nap she awoke with a smile but quickly became upset again. I dosed her with Ibuprofen at 11am and 5pm, which didn't seem to help. Although she was very whiney all afternoon she was pretty laid back at times-I actually held her while she was still to watch tv for a half hour. I haven't cuddled her like that in months! It was great.

My remedy for today was a little TLC and she is happily asleep since 6pm. I'm sure we'll have a midnight nurse and then hopefully sleep til our regular time. Cross your fingers!

I hope her condition doesn't worsen. My guess is it's a little cold or more teeth. Hopefully her condition doesn't worsen over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment